The club is on the lookout for people to staff, and potentially manage, the club’s canteen for season 2020 and onward.
As it stands, the club holds home games each Saturday from the beginning of April through late August, as the men’s (x3) and women’s (x2) teams alternate home games each week. There are also a few club byes throughout the season, which are Easter, Queen’s birthday weekend and the first weekend of July (VAFA interleague).
General game day tasks for the position/s are:
- Prepare and set up canteen area (position equipment, display products etc)
- Prepare food and beverage for sale (ensure hot food is ready to sell, have hot water ready for tea/coffee)
- Sell goods throughout the day and restock as required
- Sell alcoholic beverages (only after all play has finished for the day, VAFA policy)
- Operate POS terminals (training will be provided)
- Clean as required throughout the day. general cleaning to finish up
Additional tasks outside of game day (assistance from the committee will be provided):
- Managing overall stock levels
- Ordering stock
Hours of operation for the canteen are generally 11am through to 6pm, though could be as early as 8.30am, dependant on the games scheduled that day.
Ideally, applicants would hold both their Food Safety Certificate and Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate, though these can be arranged prior to the season starting for anyone who needs them.
Anyone interested in the role or seeking more information should get in touch with either:
- Rohan via firstname.lastname@example.org / 0422 757 775
- BJ via email@example.com / 0425 155 552.
Remuneration negotiable based on experience.