The Canterbury Football Club is affiliated with the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA) and is one of the oldest clubs in the country, established in 1881. Season 2021 will see the Club field four teams; Men’s Senior & Reserves in Division 3, Thirds in Division 4 and our Women’s team in Division 2.
The Club is highly aspirational and is committed to providing a positive and winning environment for our playing ranks, supporter base and local community. We intend to appoint a Director of Football Operations to assist in accelerating our agenda.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This role is critical to the operation of the Football Department outside of the executive committee and will provide the coaching panel, support staff and players guidance and direction where needed. The role is autonomous and requires an innovative approach to managing the many parts that comprise a successful and strong football club.
Competitive remuneration is on offer, to be negotiated during the hiring process.
KEY OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage recruitment activity within the men’s program with emphasis on player conformance to our culture and standards, with a critical focus upon player retention
- To represent the Club in managing relationships with the Canterbury Junior Football Club, Boroondara Hawks and to forge relationships with other junior clubs and local schools to ensure future viability of playing numbers
- Oversight to include acquisition of football equipment, organisation of pre-season games and ground availability for pre-season and regular season schedules
- A responsibility to report to the Executive Committee on a regular basis regarding coach and player performance and standards at all committee meetings
- An experienced and highly regarded individual who has achieved success at a high level as a player, coach and/or administrator (VFL, TAC or VAFA highly regarded).
- An aptitude to critique the coaching staff to ensure it delivers on the agreed club standards and game plans
- A strong motivation to drive change where required with relevant people within the Club
- A Club first attitude and approach
- A long-term commitment to building and planning for the Club’s future
To apply please send a cover letter and CV outlining your previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close October 14th 2020.
For any enquiries please contact President BJ Lashbrook on 0425 155 552 or via email.