The VAFA have announced the establishment of a Men’s Supers (over 35s) competition for 2021, and we’re looking to get involved.
With senior men’s and women’s, U19’s, reserves and Thirds rounding out the current VAFA playing fraternity, this new competition will provide an opportunity for senior players to continue their footy careers with their clubs or, for those just out of the game, pull the boots back on post-retirement.
There is still some work to be done and definition given to the competition, though at this stage the basics are:
- the comp is for over 35s (player must turn 35 before the end of the calendar year in which the season is played)
- 9 rounds played every second week starting April 10th, three week finals series to follow in August
- Home games will be played at Canterbury, away locations/opposition teams TBC once teams within comp are finalised
- quarters will be 20 minutes in length (no time on)
- times of games, divisional structure TBC
At this stage we’re hoping to get a team up and running as part of the competition’s foundation season. If you’re interested in participating, whether it be as a player, volunteer or would just be happy to come along as a supporter, please take a minute to fill out our short survey.